A beautiful Mercedes Benz. Just added recently, more information to follow. She was recently steam cleaned (not pressure washed!) so some of the old photos of the underside will not be current. You are welcome to contact me (see contact link below).
I have owned this vehicle for over 25 years, it is a 1964 model Australian delivered and RHD (Right Hand Drive), and has done very few miles over the years.
Unique for the 300SE over other W112's; chrome waistline as standard, REAL timber binnacle around tacho and speedo. Air suspension for the smoothest of rides.
There has been a total replacement of the car carpets, using original German carpet material, and countless small and large replacements or refurbishments of items throughout the vehicle. All the timber was removed, repaired and re-varnished. Please note; polyurethane varnish was not used.
The bumpers were re-chromed and small dents were removed.
The mechanical fuel injection pump was fully refurbished by Morassi and Williams of South Melbourne Australia.
The head was removed resurfaced guides replaced new valves fitted.
- Body : Coupé
- Num. of Doors : 2
- I believe that this car was originally sold with the optional fixed luggage kit, the luggage was not supplied when I purchased the vehicle, but you can still see the brackets in the boot (trunk) where the straps were affixed.
- It has the original BEHR factory fitted air-conditioner, which still works well. (when ordered new at the showroom, this required the fitting of an alternate vehicle subframe during manufacture)
- Wheelbase : 275 cm or 108.27 inches
- Length : 488 cm or 192.13 inches
- Width : 184.5 cm or 72.64 inches
- Height : 139.5 cm or 54.92 inches
- Front Axle : 1482 cm or 583.46 inches
- Rear Axle : 1490 cm or 586.61 inches
- Kerb Weight : 1600kgs
I have a number of extra components for this vehicle that have been collected over the years, one of which is an almost complete new Mercedes original set of body kit rubbers including Quarter light rubbers door rubbers and boot/trunk rubber. These are not included in the sale of this vehicle, but may be available at a negotiated figure for the purchaser of the 300SE Coupé.
Books and documents that will be supplied upon sale: https://300se-w112-coupe-for-sale.com/documentation-and-books-for-the-w112.html
Book on this model: https://books.google.com.au/books?id=PoN8AwAAQBAJ&pg=PT225&lpg=PT225&dq=%22w112%22+chrome+body+waistline&source=bl&ots=Z4yUq8uq_p&sig=ACfU3U3l0wgzQs4j4z-iymj6V8qt3XOE6w&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6vOGTqsThAhXCfd4KHY6ZA6gQ6AEwBXoECBIQAQ
Update: April 2019;
Same year, same model, ordered by King Hussein of Jordan: http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/1964-mercedes-benz-300-se-coupe
http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/1966-mercedes-benz-300-se-coupe Left hand drive
http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/1971-mercedes-benz-280se-3-5-coupe 3.5 so no timber on the dash binnacle and still no air-conditioning! But, is is quite beautiful.
This convertible (Cabriolet) 300SE W112 is beautiful, and selling for US$496,000 (the link keeps changing, but you will find it on this page) https://www.classic-trader.com/us/cars/listing/mercedes-benz/300/300-se/1964/80783 BUT, it doesn't have air-conditioning!